Awards and accreditations
UCare awarded NorthPoint a Salute to Excellence award to recognized us for improving the health of patients. This award is based on our 2020 patient outcomes.
The American Heart Association (AHA) recognized NorthPoint for earning Participant level recognition as part of the 2021 Target: Type 2 Diabetes SM Recognition Program! The data we provided showed a commitment to improving quality of care through awareness, detection and management of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular risk factors.
The American Heart Association (AHA) recognized NorthPoint with a 2021 BP Silver achievement level for our commitment to improving blood pressure control through measurement accuracy among our adult patients.
The American Heart Association (AHA) recognized NorthPoint for earning Gold level recognition as part of the 2021 Check. Change. Control. Cholesterol™ Recognition Program! The data we provided showed an exceptional ≥70% appropriate statin therapy use throughout our at-risk patient population. NorthPoint’s commitment continues to lowering cholesterol and improving care management within our patient population.
Health Care Home certification
Diabetes Education Program certification
Staff awards and recognition
NorthPoint staff frequently receive awards and recognition for their efforts in partnering to create a healthier community. Recent awards for staff include:
- Stella Whitney-West, CEO, received the 2022 Community Partner of the Year Award from LifeSource.
- Dr. Paul Erickson, Medical Director, was listed among Mpls.St.Paul Magazine’s “Top Doctors” of 2022.
- Dr. Helen Thomas, Family Physician, was listed among Mpls.St.Paul Magazine’s “Top Doctors/Rising Stars” of 2022.
- Dr. Michael Brooks, Dental Director, was listed among Incisal Edge Magazine’s “40 Under 40” list of 2021.
- Leslie Tuomi, Community Health Dental Hygienist, received the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry’s Distinguished Alumni Award in 2021.